Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I WILL BE BACK!!

How many times have you had to rush around in the morning and get ready for work? You glance down only to see your little Yorkie looking up at you, tail going a hundred miles an hour as if to say.........please play with me...play with me. You try to ignore that little face, because you feel bad.........sputtering under your breath........."I don't have time to play this morning.....". You continue to rush around.........making sure food and water is available in their area. Then the moment comes you HAVE to go out the door. You scoop him/her up and to their pen they go. On the way you say something like, be a good girl/boy today. Use your pee pads and I will be home later. You put them in. You glance again............looking at that sad little face......maybe they are whimpering or barking........."no........no........don't leave.!!!"
At this point your heart melts..............darn.......I hate to leave but I have too........
Something I have always said to my babes as I turn to walk away is, " I WILL BE BACK!"....you know....the old Arnie Schwat's saying....................
Now call me nuts but I truly believe that they learn quickly what that means. Kelsi my 10 year old has always responded positively to those words. She trusts I will be back, and she trusts I will make the time to give her quality moments each and every day. Although we may feel guilty about leaving, we moms and dads can particularly appreciate this feeling, our babes adapt very well to the routine of work life. As long as all the comforts are available to them, food, water, bed, toys and pee pads, your baby will be fine. The good part about leaving is always the return..........."I'm home" I shout. What greater joy is there then scooping up that little bundle of wiggles and yips, puppy kisses and love.................... There is nothing better than having a Yorkie!!! Enjoy your day! Holly

No comments: