Friday, March 20, 2009

SURPRISE VISIT ON ST PATTYS DAY!!!!! AKC!

I have not had a minute to write on here this week and wanted to tell all of you about my surprise visit on St. Patty's Day. At 5 pm or so, I was still working....my job has been very busy this week, but the house was filled with the aroma of a nice corned beef cooking. I went to the door and a man was standing there, he flashed me his I.D. He said, hello, I am from the AKC and I am here to inspect your dogs and kennel. I know my mouth dropped open, usually they call ahead and let you know they are coming. I asked him why he did not call me......he told me the number he had kept giving him a fax machine...........he was dialing 201 instead of 207 for the Maine area code. Anyways, I let him in and told him to inspect what he needed. He checked multiple forms and was "impressed" I was using them but impressed they were all up to date. He "loved" our set up here and loved the dogs who were super friendly. Delia jumped into his arms and gave him kisses!!! He couldn't believe a dog with babies would be so friendly. He checked for identification and other things..........."Everything is perfect", he said. "This is the way it should be!!" I was so pleased and so happy!!
He came back the next day to drop off my paperwork which he could not print out at my house.......you know...computer issues. I thanked him for all of his compliments. Every breeder who registers litters of pups that are AKC registerable will have an inspection every year and a half depending on the number of litters registered per year. The rest will be inspected by random if they are in the area. This was my first AKC inspection. Honestly I was nervous as I didnt know what to expect. But having passed with 'FLYING COLORS AND MANY COMPLIMENTS........MADE MY DAY!

2 comments:

Editor said...

After knowing you all our lives and knowing how much you love your dogs and your business, I would have no doubt that YOU would pass with "Flying Colors".
Congrats!!!!
Hugs from Judy & TMY's Emma & Meadow

yorkiegirl said...

thank you so much for your support.