Friday, April 04, 2008

OPRAH WINFREY SHOW- WATCH TODAY

Oprah Winfrey is doing a whole segment today on Puppy Mills. What you see and hear about these deplorable places will shock you. I invite all of my readers to watch Oprah today and to speak out about against these horrible people and mills.
Ironically I have written about puppy mills just in the last few months. YOU can help shut these places down by:
1. NEVER BUYING A PUP FROM A PET STORE
2. CALL THE AUTHORITIES OR THE TOWN OFFICE AND REPORT WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN SHOULD YOU EVER SEE DEPLORABLE CONDITIONS IF YOU GO TO SEE A PUPPY
3. REPORT TO THE AUTHORITIES SHOULD YOU QUESTION THAT SOMEONE IS DOING THIS SORT OF THING.
4. IF SOMEONE SAYS, " I WILL MEET YOU AT WALMART TO SELL YOU A PUPPY........RUN THE OTHER WAY......" CALL AND REPORT THEM.
I have often said to folks when they call me, "you know, I dont care if you buy a pup from me, but during your search be SURE you are buying from a reputable breeder. If you think the price is too high from me, please just save your money and buy when you can from a reputable breeder. Be sure to ask for references"
You can see many many testimonials on this subject if you google online or even go to Oprah's talk forum..........people bought at pet stores or bought because the dog was "cheap" only to get a pup with many health problems and life threatening issues.
I know this is an awful subject but we have them here in Maine as well..........luckily a couple of them have been shut down this past year. If you have any questions, feel free to chat with me about it. thanks so much . Holly

No comments: