Friday, May 09, 2008

TRAGIC NEWS..........ROTTIE STRIKES!! EDITED

This week I received a phone call with the most tragic news. A show friend of mine co-owned a beautiful show male yorkie with her friend. His owner had him out for a walk with 2 other dogs and I believe her grandson. They were approaching or passing a home where the owner and a rottie was. The owner yelled dont worry he wont hurt you...........but before she could pick up her dear dog, the rottie attacked and killed him instantly.
NEVER, NEVER NEVER TRUST A BIG DOG WITH YOUR YORKIE............. This is the second time that I have written about this subject. Big dogs cannot be trusted with little dogs especially if they are strangers. The owners are heartbroken, this was not the first time the rottie has been in trouble and the rottie was to be euthanized ( but now I have learned he was placed in a rehab-rescue of some sort) from what I understand. I have left out many details of this story as it is just too gruesome to put to print............but believe me...........I dont and wont care that people say, "oh you are too protective........oh my dog won't hurt your dog...etc etc. I have always been extremely cautious and protective. I watched an akita attack a full grown husky at a show and pick it off the ground and shake it like it was a ragdoll.......just minutes before this happened this same dog reached onto my table at Key.....and I snatched him up like a baby falling..........and alerted the owner.......watch it!!!!!!! In handling class I am careful not to let the yorkies too near the big dogs even on the go round practicing........it only takes a second. Please heade the warning.........whether it be daycare, the park, a stroll down the street. Be careful always!!!! Our thoughts are with the family who lost their dear Benny........Holly

UPDATE: Now I understand that the Rottie has been euthanized. I feel really bad about this but given what has happened it is for the best.........

No comments: