Wednesday, February 28, 2007

DO WE SELL TEACUPS?????? NO-NO_NO!





A week does not go by that someone either calls or writes me wanting to know if I sell "teacups" or if I have any "teacups" available. NO DISRESPECT INTENDED to any of you who have asked this question, however, if you all remember, I explain to you that there is no such thing as a teacup yorkie, and those unscrupulous breeders who advertise "teacups" for sale or specializing in "teacups" are out for your money and not breeding within the Standard set forth by the AKC for Yorkshire Terriers.
Yes, as a breeder we sometimes get a tiny one that stays little, and may actually never weigh 3 lbs. The picture above shows one of my babes from my current litter. This baby weighed only 2 oz at birth and currently weighs 12oz at 6 weeks-2 days. Do I think she will weigh 3 lbs. full grown............it is too early to tell. I will revisit her weight when she gets to be 12 weeks.
Now.... for size and demonstration purposes only, I tried to "fit" her into the teacup. She hung out, tipping the cup and "da cup done flowed over"..........so I put her into my standard coffee mug that I use everyday. As you can see she fit............., sooooooooo she must not be a "teacup"..........SHE'S A "COFFEE CUP YORKIE!!!!!" lol
All joking aside ......... I just want you to know that I don't sell teacup yorkies, I do try to breed within the AKC standard for their wellbeing and their health. We do have puppies in all sizes that we expect to mature from 3-7 lbs. That is the best we can do.
So if you want to buy a teacup...........try the nearest Antique Store...........cause mine are not for sale as they were given to me from my dearest grandmothers. Enjoy............Holly

No comments: