Tuesday, March 27, 2007

BRAGGING RIGHTS!

I really wanted to tell all of you how the Meet the Breeds went. It was my first time taking any of the girls out in public to that kind of event. Unfortunately, I remembered everything except the camera but I took a picture of the center poster that I did for our table.
The event drew a good crowd of people and it was lots of fun. I was slightly surprized about the misbehaving dogs that were there though. There was a group of 3 dashhounds that never stopped barking at people all day, 2 huge black sheppards that tried to attack every dog within site and a few others that scrapped and barked on the attack at different times. I have to say that the girls were perfect angels and did nothing wrong all day. Ali and Anya, the two pups I brought were a HUGE hit with everyone there. Of course they looked like little dolls and basically slept most of the afternoon. Ruby with just 3 weeks to go in her pregnancy just soaked up the attention and she looked absolutely beautiful with her red and rhinestone show bow in her hair. She sat/layed atop the grooming table, slept for awhile but never swayed from allowing visitors to pet her and make of her all day.
Demonstrations were given on obedience and agility. Then they had the exhibition of breeds and guess what...........I had to go in the show ring with Ruby. I was soooooooo nervous but she was perfect, prancing along on the lead and stood beautifully as asked. I was so pleased when people cheering and clapped their hands for her, I almost cried. It was a great day and a great experience for all of us. We were able to educate lots of people regarding yorkie care, temperment and on confirmation. All the way around, Scott and I were extremely pleased with the day. Holly

No comments: