Wednesday, August 29, 2007

PENNSYLVANIA EXPERIENCE-SPECIALTY SHOW

What an experience!! My first specialty show with all Yorkshire Terriers. 78 yorkies were entered and they all looked different!!!. It was so wonderful to see that many all in one room!! For the most part everyone was very nice and spoke with me. Several of them offered good advice as well. I learned so much!
I have been concerned all along that what the judges want is the snubbed nose, little faced yorkies, small in size. Well I found out that I was wrong. The specialty judge put up mostly the "terrier type". He truly held the standard in position. What is considered the terrier type? It is the basically the face shape. He seemed to like the yorkies with some nose, kinda the rectangle shape similiar to my boy, Grady. Of course the winners had the whole package. They moved well, had a nice flat topline and were of course beautiful!!
My hostess, Sheri that invited me to go, took BEST IN SHOW with her Duncan and got a Merit AwARD for her 9 year veteran Mathew. Unbelieveable and congrats to her!!!! So see everyone...I got invited to the show by a lady with the BEST!!
Allie and I debut in Union this weekend. I realize she does not have it ALL.....but I expect her to do well at least on the leash and it gets ME into the ring. I am inviting all of you to attend and make sure to say hello. HOlly

No comments: