Sunday, August 12, 2007

RESULTS OF MATCH IN BANGOR

Well everyone........we had a nice time in Bangor at the fun match. If nothing else it got us into the ring and our first experience being judged. As most of you know....Matches are for fun and for learning.......even for the judges. Unfortunately there were very few Toy dogs entered and no other yorkies but my two. Key took first in yorkie dogs 3-6 mo, Allie took first in bitches 6-9 mo. Key took first in best of breed, 2nd in Best puppy (an off colored pomeranian took first) and third in overall Toy. An adult cavalier took first and the off colored pom second. I am not disappointed. The judge did not know yorkies and it was obvious to several spectators who are avid show people. It is ok.........we all need the experience.......the dogs and me!!

Both of the pups looked really sweet with their red show bows........we meant to get pictures but somehow the time and opportunity just was forgotten. It was extremely HOT.......and all considered I thought both did super well. We have a few things to work on and Allie and I will be working hard to get it down before the Union fairground show over the Labor day weekend.
We had a few fans that came out to see us........thank you to Julie and Tia........and my friend Bert for coming out to support us. A big thank you to Tracey LeVasseur for going with us for support and help!!!!!! You are the best!!!
I did see one lady with a yorkie baby and nice pretty little female walking around. My husband said they were coming by to talk with me.........she told him they read my blog.........so....if you are out and read this.........please send me an email......would love to chat....thanks

Addendum: I just learned to day that the "off colored pom" I refered to is called a parti-pom and they are acceptable to be shown.........I STAND CORRECTED AND THANK YOU!!
Holly

No comments: