Tuesday, August 05, 2008

POSSIBLE LINK TO VOMITING

I just wanted my readers to know this tidbit of information. If you have been reading my blog, you all know that Meadow had a bout of vomiting on Sat/Sun night/morning which led her to aspirating and now is in intensive care at the animal hospital. We have been wracking our brains to try to uncover the cause. As I told the emergency doc, the only new thing was a new bag of Purina One puppy food. Well since Sunday and after feeding 3 lactating moms and my other dogs from this same "new bag or Purina One puppy", I have had 3 with horrible diarrhea and 2 others vomiting. In an effort to check, I called Purina/Nestle this morning. The new bags, packaging is new has a 1-800 number available on them. What I learned is that the formula HAS CHANGED. Apparently they "adjusted" some ingredients and deleted the yogurt from the kibbles. They were going to report my concerns to quality. I know it does not change the fact that my dogs are sick.
Now, having said all this, I am not saying the vomiting that I am experiencing with my dogs is because of the new food, however, I am saying it may be possible since the only "new" thing was the "new" bag of food. If any of you buy the "new" Purina and should your dog start vomiting or experience diarrhea after eating the food for a day or so..............please call them and report it!!! In the meantime, since I also feed Royal Canin, I am going to change to the Royal Canin exclusively for the time being. Just wanted all of you know. HOlly

No comments: