Tuesday, August 05, 2008

UPDATE MEADOW TUESDAY MORNING

I just got off the phone with the doctor. Meadow had a WONDERFUL NIGHT!!!!! Her respirations have dropped from over 100 per minute down into the 60's and she has been a little fiesty baby wanting to play and tear her IV out!!!! They ended up micro dosing her again with the lasix last evening and giving her the albuterol inhaler and she improved dramatically after this. It worked!!!!! I am so relieved as it looks like she is going to make it.
We have decided to leave her there for another 24 hours so that she can potentially be weaned down off the oxygen and so that she can be watched around the clock. Tomorrow we will have to transfer her to our regular vet for continued treatment for a couple more days.
I can't thank all of you enough for your kind thoughts but especially for the prayers. Many of you called me, wrote emails and just stayed positive for me when my heart was heavy. I truly believe that the power of prayer is stronger than any drug and HE heard all of us. Thank you thank you............I will keep you posted on her progress. Holly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that meadow is feeling better now so she has been in my prayers.