Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Surrogate mom

OK...I did it. Tia now has a new mom and Delia's baby has a foster sister. Tia is the tiny that was born in Libbys litter on Nov. 16th. She is such a tiny little one...about half the size of her brother and other sisters. When I started them on mush last week, she was eating it like she was starving. Lib only jumps in and out, starting the weaning already.
Delia's baby has been really whiney and crying allot because mom is not spending every waking moment in the whelping box anymore, so..hmmmm, I thought Tia would stimulate Delia's baby to play more, (she was sleeping all the time when she wasn't crying), it would give her company so she would not be as lonely, and Tia would get more to eat. So in she went. It was the cutest thing...Tia immediately started playing with her new foster sister and Delia, being so loving immediately cleaned her up and let her nurse. The rest is history. I have to smile when I look at them. A little while ago, Delia was laying in the box and there on either side of her head curled up was the two babies. Of course my camera was not available. It never is when you need it!! It is just amazing to me that Delia was this receptive. She is such a loving mom!!
Lib on the other hand really could care less. She still has the other 3 that attack her when she gets in the box...lol.
Now at least I know that Delia could make a really good foster mom if we should ever need it. Not all dogs are receptive to this. The life and times of Yorkshire Terriers.......I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a match made in heaven!