Wednesday, May 02, 2007

PICTURES ARE DECEIVING..........

Today I thought I would write a little blurp about pictures. I can remember when I was trying to set up my website with my webmaster. She kept telling me my pictures were terrible and that somehow I needed to take better ones. I laugh now thinking back about it...........as she has our darling Emma, one of Liberty's pups........and I ask her all the time to send me pictures of her. When I get them, I call her and ask her when she is going to send me a good picture of her so I can really see what she looks like!!!! LOL We laugh about it all the time........because it is really difficult to get good pictures of these dogs.
Of course when I am taking a picture, I want ears up, correct stance to show off their toplines and a soft face.........LOL I have given up. The camera comes out, the ears go down and the heads turn away.......they know the flash is coming. Oh well.
The other thing that happens is when you are taking a picture, if you don't have something in the picture of "known" size, the pups or dogs look huge in the pics. I had some people come this past weekend that could not believe how small the dogs actually were............the pics make them look big. All the adult dogs that I have weigh between 4.5 and 7 pounds so when you look at them, think of a 5 lb bag of sugar with a head and legs and there you have it!! Puppies can be visualized in pounds of butter.....................I know this sounds funny, but think about it. We are not professional photographers and I can literally take 12-20 pictures and only have 2 that I feel are worthy of posting. I do my best and maybe this will help some of you that may wonder how big these dogs really are in real life. Have a great day!!! Holly

No comments: