Monday, September 24, 2007

KEY'S DEBUT IN GOSHEN

Key did very well in Goshen this weekend. We placed 2nd both days in our 6-9 mo old puppy class. I was told that if he had showed more confidence and held his tail up that we probably would have gotten a first, but that is ok. It is overwhelming for these little dogs their first time out and he was a bit timid but by the 2nd day he did much better. We will be training at class and I am going to take him to public places more to work with him. Overall we had a great time.
I have to tell you a funny story though. Sunday morning I got up to get ready. I went to the car and the battery was dead. The ref. in my room was not working so I kept my cooler plugged in,in the car and did not use the auxillary plug so boom.......no battery. AAA came out and gave me a boost and all was well. I then went to the room to get into my show clothes and pulled out a new pair of Leggs pantyhose, pulled them on only to learn the toe on the right leg had not been sewn up.........my luck!!!! I pulled the foot part down, balled it up and stuck it under my toes and shoved my shoe on, hoping that in the ring it didn't ride up around my ankle.................it didn't but it just goes to show you..............don't sweat the small stuff............we still did fine !!!!! LOL. I alao had the opportunity to network with some very seasoned show breeders and show people.................it was a great weekend for sure!!! Holly

No comments: