Saturday, September 29, 2007

KOENIG TESTIMONIAL



My husband and I got Oliver, one of Delia's pups born in June. We brought him home a month ago and are having so much fun with him!
I am a long-time Yorkie mom and fell in love with the breed a long time ago. Ollie is my third Yorkie baby and I can't say enough good things about Holly and her pups.
I haven't lived in this area very long, so when my other Yorkie passed away in February, I didn't know any breeders around here. I took a few months to do research. There are a lot of puppy mills and brokers in the Northeast and I wanted to make sure that I didn't unwittingly do business with one of them.
I found Holly's blog on the internet and was impressed with her knowledge of the breed and that she was using the forum to educate people about Yorkies, not just trying to sell puppies. She is a wealth of information (don't hesitate to ask her questions because she'll take the time to answer all of them!). Holly truly cares about her dogs and pups, and does everything she can to give them a healthy start in life!
After I brought Ollie home, I took him to my vet to get checked out. My vet said he was one of the healthiest puppies he's ever seen -- strong heart (no murmurs), lungs, etc. All of his papers were in order and shots current when we picked him up. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of where the pups live and that they are there in the home, as part of the family.
Ollie is a very friendly pup! He was a little timid when we first brought him home (we have three other animals, so there was a lot to get used to all at once at his new home!). But he quickly fit in and loves to play with our other dog and cats.
The most important thing with their socialization is to bring them places when they're young so that they get accustomed to other people and animals. I waited a couple of weeks to let him get used to us and his new home, then started bringing him out and about with us. He no longer cries in the travel carrier and enjoys riding in the car. He doesn't bark at people. He's just an all-around, friendly little guy!
He's also super smart. My husband taught him to sit the first day and he's learned to stay (for the most part! Sometimes he's too excited to stay, but he is still a pup!) Ollie has a few accidents every now and then, but mostly goes on the pee-pad in his box or outside when we walk him. Yorkies have a reputation as being hard to housetrain, but they aren't really. It's just like with any other dog -- you have to be patient and consistent.
A Yorkie baby will absolutely steal your heart! They are very loyal, loving little dogs that love to snuggle! They require a little more attention, as far as their safety goes, because they are tiny little dogs. But they pay you back many times over with love.
As I said, this is my third Yorkie, and getting my pup from Holly is by far the best experience I have had with a breeder.
Erin Koenig & Oliver

No comments: