Tuesday, January 09, 2007

WONDERFUL HOMES

Hi everyone. All five of our puppies have been sold to the most WONDERFUL homes. We are so pleased and so happy for all of our new parents. Little Emma is going to the Dexter area. Toby and Rosie are going to the same home near Portland. Maddie is going to central Maine, and Tiny Tia is going to the Bangor area. We have a short waiting list for future pups and we know that one of our future pups will be going to Massachusetts. We do except deposits on future litters so don't miss out on our one of our pups......leave a deposit with us. Many of our pups are sold before they are born.........
Each and every one of our pups is special to us, and it is with the utmost care that we select their new parents. Yes, I said we select them. I have had many inquiries and if you don't meet our requirements then we don't sell the pup. Why? Because we want our babies to have wonderful homes with the right type of environment, as well as we select homes that will spay/neuter in most cases. No puppy mills, no pet shops and no breeders unless you meet our approval.
We recently had a woman from our area call and want to buy a pup. She told me she wanted to breed a litter. I asked her what she had for a male. She told me her male weighed 12, yes I said twelve pounds!!! I told her straight up ....NO WAY!! Our dogs are bred within the standard of 4-7 lbs. There is no way I would sell our little girls to a breeder with a 12 lb male!!!

Last week I was at the vets with a couple of my dogs. They told me again, how much they loved our dogs. They were so pleased with the fact that we breed within the standard and that our dogs are so well cared for. They told me that most of the yorkies they see are huge! 10-13 lbs and of course yorkies are supposed to weigh between 4-7lbs. I harp on this subject all of the time. When you register your dogs with the AKC, it's like taking an oath in my eyes. Breed within the standard and to better the breed. Breeding these large dogs is NOT bettering the breed. Spay/neuter these precious yorkies that have poor confirmation and are too large to be within the standard. Do the breed a favor!! Don't breed just for the money!

Yesterday I was asked why I don't allow full breeding rights with what I charge. NOPE-NO WAY!!! I see ads all the time for poor confirmation -10 lb yorkies for almost the same money. I am talking $100-200....and the best part is we pay YOU to spay/neuter with our rebates. I have made a solid commitment to my dogs and I will not sway. So we might do something different from other backyard breeders in the area? Yes we do.........but it is worth it! Would we sell a pup with full registration at some point......absolutely....as long as the circumstances are right and we approve it. It would also be a pup that we believe has all the attributes it needs to fit within the standard or show potential. I would love to find some homes of people who want to show. Don't hesitate to talk with us....ever. We are reasonable people....but dont be surprised either if we say NO DEAL!!! (I love that show!)

New puppies coming soon...now within 7 days. We are soooooooooooo excited!! Have a great day! Holly

No comments: