Sunday, April 01, 2007

BATH/GROOMING DAY



Every Saturday I spend much of my day grooming and bathing all the dogs. Each one first gets trimmed, ears, feet and butt. I then trim their nails and use the special eye wipes for staining and give them a good teeth brushing.

Then off to the bath. I use Pet Silk Moisturizing shampoo. When you bathe your yorkie, be sure to not scrub the shampoo into their coat. I lather down and gently pull the coat away and out from the body to help eliminate making tangles and knots. Be sure to wash their bottoms well. I then rinse. After I am sure to have the soap out, I apply a good moisturing conditioner. Again I use the same technique. Then I rinse, and rinse and rinse some more. Just when I think I am finished........I rinse again. Obviously it is really important to rinse.LOL.

I towel dry with lite pressure.....no scrubbing again. I blow dry and wait until the coat is still slightly wet to then comb. Be really careful not to rip hairs and if you encounter any snarls w0rk them out slowly. Once combed thru, I finish blow drying and sissor trim anything else I think needs it. I finish them with a squirt of Miracle Coat Finishing spray. I clean out their ears well and pull hairs. Then I put their topknots in. At home I ponytail them. OH HOW BEAUTIFUL!!

Today baths were done and the sun was shining brightly on the porch. So of course they all love that..............and rub, and work at getting the bows out and messing up their hair..............oh well...the satisfaction is knowing they have been done and that they are all spic and span clean! Grady demonstrates well just what I am talking about............the little devil!! (see pic above.) Holly

No comments: