Monday, April 02, 2007

PET FOOD RECALL

As most of you have heard there is a nation wide pet food recall on many brands of cat and dog food. There are also several brands of treats and chews that are being recalled now. Although the pet food companies are not telling us what is poisoning our cats and dogs, it appears it may have something to do with wheat gluten used to congeal the gravys in some of these foods. The tainted food causes kidney failure and death for the most part. Some signs and symptoms are known to be vomiting, lethargy and excessive thirst.
Taylor Made Yorkies feeds Purina One, Purina One Puppy and Royal Canin-Baby dog 30, 33 and adult. (both dry foods). I do feed my pups and my nursing moms Pedigree canned puppy and Pedigree Choice cuts in sauce. I have stopped all canned foods until they figure out what is going on. Please, if you have purchased one of my pups and are not following my recommended guidelines for dog foods and treats, .........please reconsider. So far the two main foods I feed have not been affected. If you would like more information, please check online under "pet food recall." Thanks so much. Holly

No comments: